EndNote: Advanced EndNote Functions
Configuring Find Full Text
To configure Find Full Text in EndNote go to Edit>Preferences>Find Full Text. Then fill in the options as shown below. The authentication URL is great for off campus access, but it will ask you to log in even when you’re on campus. In other words, you don’t have to use the authentication URL if you find it is more trouble than it’s worth.
Open URL Path:
Authenticate with URL: http://argo.library.okstate.edu/login?url=
Adding Term Lists to Your Library
You may find that you need to add term lists to EndNote in order to get appropriate journal abbreviations. Here's how you find them:
- In the EndNote program go to the Tools menu and choose Define Term Lists.
- Click on Journals in the center box of the new window.
- Click on Import List.
- Use the explorer window to browse to Program Files>EndNote X4>Term Lists.
- Select the term list you want to import.
- Click Open.
- Click OK.
- Now you can import more term lists or close the window.
Using EndNote software with footnotes or endnotes in Word
To use EndNote references in a footnote or endnote follow these steps.
- Open your document. Be sure you have chosen a style that supports footnotes, Turabian Bibliography for example.
- Put your cursor where you want to include a footnote in your text.
- In Word, click on the References tab.
- Click on Insert Footnote.
- You will now find your cursor in the footnote. Go back to the EndNote tab.
- Insert a citation.
- Remember that you should edit your reference in the EndNote software. If there is a problem with the style you can edit or even create a new style. Please contact one of the EndNote librarians for help or use the EndNote help documentation listed on the first tab of this guide.