William E. Brock Memorial Library: Get Me an Item
Anywhere Anytime Access
Services and support for students, staff,and faculty when off campus.
Technical support for faculty teaching distance education courses.
Placing a Book on Hold or Recalling a Book
If you are a current OSU student, faculty, or staff or have an OSU Library Courtesy Card you can:
- Recall an item that shows a status of Checked Out in the OSU Library Online Catalog. The person using it will be notified that they must return it within about two weeks. When the item is returned it will be held for you for about a week. You will be notified that is has been returned and is being held for you. Reference, Core-Text/Overnight, 7-day loan, conference room keys, Reserve items, and laptops may not be recalled.
- Placing a Hold on an item means that the person who has it checked out may keep it until their original due date but that they may not renew it. When it is returned it will be held for you for about a week. You may request that a 7-day loan item be held for you when it is returned, however it can not be recalled. It will be held for you for 24 hours after it is returned.
- Request Rush Processing of an item that shows a status of In Process in the OSU Library Online Catalog. You receive a notice when it is available and it will be held for you.
- Renew items already checked out to you *reference, core, 7-day, reserve, laptop, and conference room keys are not renewable*
Online Borrowing and Document Delivery Services
Several online services are available to our patrons for requesting materials from the library. These services include requests for copies of journal articles, interlibrary loans, materials located in the libary's Annex, materials to be delivered from one OSU library to another, recalls of checked out materials, rush processing of ordered books, and renewing checked out materials.
If you are a current OSU student, faculty, or staff use this form to:
- request a copy of an article from a journal to which the OSU Libraries have a print subscription. This is called Document Delivery. You may choose to receive your article as a pdf file, paper copy, or fax. Anticipated delivery time is less than 48 hours.
- request a copy of an article from a journal to which the OSU Libraries do not have a subscription or the subscription lacks the issue that you need.
- request to borrow a book from another institution because it is not available at OSU.
- request that a book or journal located at the Annex be delivered to an on-campus library for you to use.
- request that a book located at one OSU Stillwater Library location be delivered to a different location for you to use. (e.g. request that a book from Main Library be brought to the Veterinary Medicine Library for you)
Links to Other Borrowing Services
- Privileges at other Oklahoma academic libraries for OSU faculty, students, and staff (OK Share cards).
- Privileges at OSU Libraries for non-OSU affiliated visitors (courtesy cards for Oklahoma residents, visiting scholars, visiting faculty, current members of Friends of the OSU Library)
- Information about Veterinary Medicine Library Computer Services and Facilites
- Information about the OSU Libraries Floating Laptop Lab
Suggest a Book for Purchase
The William E. Brock Memorial Library and Oklahoma State University Libraries strive to acquire materials to support OSU students, faculty, and staff pursuant of the University's mission. Members of the OSU community, particularly members of the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, are encouraged to submit requests for items to the Brock Memorial Library by contacting the Brock Memorial Library by phone, campus mail, or email .
If you have an advertisement for the item, you may send it to the Brock Memorial Library. Be sure to put your name and address on it with a note if you want to be notified when the book is ordered and when it is available.
Note: Submitting a purchase request does not guarantee the Library will order the book. For further information, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to contact the Brock Memorial Library, who can apprise the individual regarding budget and collection development issues.