William E. Brock Memorial Library: Space
A variety of freely available and population-specific computers are available in the William E. Brock Memorial Library.
Public computer stations
There are two types of public computer stations freely available for use:
- Six Internet accessible stations include: Internet access, Internet-delivered email, library-provided Internet-delivered databases, library-provided online journal subscriptions and ebooks, the OSU Library Catalog, and BOSS. Patrons may save information from these computers onto USB drives, CDs, or DVDs. Patrons are responsible for supplying your own storage media. These computers are located on the first-floor near the circulation desk and share one networked laser printer. These computers are loaded with Microsoft Office and a variety of assistive technology software. You must login with your O-Key account to use these terminals. If you do not have an O-Key account, ask at the reference desk and the staff will login to a terminal for you to use. Current OSU students, faculty, and staff have priority to use these terminals, which also provide login access to the OSU H: drive.
- Two OSU Library Catalog only stations. These are found on the first-floor, one in the east stacks and one in the west stacks, and require no login. No printing is available.
- Veterinary Medicine Computer Reference is one computer located near the six Internet accessible stations on the first floor. This terminal doesn't require a login. Resources available at this terminal include electronic versions of journals, proceedings, books, and databases licensing limits to a single user. All resource available at this terminal are included in the OSU Library Catalog with Veterinary Medicine Computer Reference as a location. Printing from this terminal is available at the networked laser printer near the public computer terminals.
Center for Veterinary Health Sciences computer lab
There are five computer stations exclusively available for current OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences students. Located on the William E. Brock Memorial Library mezzanine, these stations provide access to the Internet, programs like Microsoft Office, hard-drive, CD-drive, USB-drive, and Center for Veterinary Health Sciences' I: drive. The William E. Brock Memorial Library does not provide support for this lab. Please contact the Technology Resources Department at the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
Assistive technology computer station
One adaptive technology station is available on the first-floor for those who require the assistance of a screen reader or other adaptive technologies. The William E. Brock Memorial Library does not provide training or support for this computer station. Please contact the Technology Resources Department at the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
A library-owned wireless laptop, mouse, batter, power cord, and case is available for 5 hour loan to current OSU students.
Two CVHS laptops are availabe for 2 hour loan to current OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences students, faculty, and staff.
WiFi wireless Internet access is available to current OSU students, faculty, and staff from many locations at OSU, including the William E. Brock Memorial Library. A map of wireless areas on the OSU Stillwater campus is available from the OSU IT website.
You must supply your own personal wireless device (laptops, tablet PCs, hand-held devices, etc.) and an 802.11b or higher wireless card or built-in wireless. For more information about using OSU wireless or wireless support visit the OSU IT Department's OSU Wireless Networks information page.
No wired access available
Plugging a personal device (like a laptop) into the computer network in the William E. Brock Memorial Library is prohibited by the Technology Resources Department of the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
There are three types of study spaces available at the William E. Brock Memorial Library: Tables, study carrels, and conference rooms. The library has a total seating capacity of 214 patrons.
All library patrons can use any of the seven large tables, which can accommodate study groups of four to six people. Three tables are located on the first-floor; three others are located in the mezzanine.
All library patrons can use any of the 45 study carrels.
Conference rooms are available exclusively for Center for Veterinary Health Sciences students, faculty, and staff.
There are eight rooms. Four rooms are located on the first-floor. Four rooms are located in the mezzanine, including room 9, which is reserved for Center for Veterinary Health Sciences faculty from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
These rooms contain:
- Projection screens
- Whiteboards and markers
- Radiograph viewers (first-floor only)
- TV/VCR (rooms 1, 3, 4 on the first-floor)
- TV/VCR/DVD (room 2 on the first-floor)
- Outside windows (first-floor and room 9)
Keys to the conference rooms may be checked out from the William E. Brock Memorial Library circulation desk for 2 hours. A $0.05 per minute/$3 per hour fine is assessed for overdue keys. There isn't a grace period.