The Angie Debo Collection: Related Collections
There are several collections which scholars may want to consult when conducting research on Angie Debo or on the topics which interested her. Some of the collections in Oklahoma and Texas as of the fall of 1995 include:
- Oklahoma State University Library, Stillwater, OK. Archives.
- Interviews with Debo, conducted by Gloria Valencia-Weber and Glenna Matthews, 1981-1985. Consists of tapes and drafts of transcripts. An index to the interviews is available .
- Institute for Research in History, ca. 1983-1988. Contains videotapes, cassette tapes, transcripts, correspondence, and photographs used by Martha Sandlin and Barbara Abrash in the preparation of a television documentary entitled "Indians, Outlaws, and Angie Debo."
- Anne Hodges Morgan's files on Debo, which contain correspondence, clippings, and memoranda, especially dealing with the oral history and documentary projects.
- Terry D. Allen's files that contain correspondence from Debo, especially regarding her summer teaching at the Institute on American Indian Arts in Santa Fe.
- A pamphlet by Geraldine "Gerry" Schaefer of Marshall containing memories of her long friendship with Debo
- Library. Personnel files for Debo.
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma City. Archives and Manuscripts Division.
- WPA Project in Oklahoma. Administrative Files. Contains correspondence, records, and working papers for WPA Project activities, including the Writers' Project.
- Grant Foreman Papers. Contains letters from Debo to Carolyn Thomas Foreman. Some refer to activity related to maps, others to Mr. Foreman and to the death of Debo's mother.
- Muriel Wright Papers. Contains some correspondence from Debo.
- Biographies File -- Angie Debo. Contains clippings, notes.
- Oklahoma State Department of Libraries, Oklahoma City. State Archives.
- Attorney General. Civil Case Files. Contains material on a wide variety of topics, including guardianship and Kate Barnard.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. Western History Collections.
- Edward Everett Dale Papers. Contains correspondence between them.
- Grant Foreman Papers. Contains correspondence, especially regarding their books.
- University of Oklahoma Press. Records. Contains correspondence regarding Debo's books, and some manuscripts.
- Angie Debo Papers, 1939-1976. Contains correspondence, photocopy from Debo of material relating to her lobbying effort on behalf Alaska Natives and photocopy of Debo's files at Princeton University Press.
- Women's History Project, Oklahoma. Reports, 1977. Paper, "Angie Debo: An Artery to Our Past," by Jane Taylor.
- Walter S. Campbell Papers. Contains correspondence, primarily regarding books.
- West Texas State University (now West Texas A&M), Canyon, TX. Archives.
- Contains files of Debo's colleagues during her tenure at West Texas.