Sarah Milligan: Profile
Oral History, Oklahoma History, Digital Humanities, Folklore, Cultural Heritage
MA, Folk Studies, Western Kentucky University
BA, English Literature and German, Oklahoma City University
How Can Sarah Help You?
- Library of Congress Digital Preservation Outreach Education Trainer (2011 Certification), Anchor instructor (2016)
- Mentor, Oral History Association Annual Meeting Mentoring Program (2014)
- American Association of State and Local History Annual Meeting Program Committee (2015)
- Oral History Association Annual Meeting Program Co-Chair (2016)
- Society of Southwest Archivists Annual Meeting Local Arrangements Committee (2016), Program committee (2017)
- Oklahoma Representative, Regional Archival Association Consortium (2015-2017)
- Oral History Association Nominating Committee Member (2015-2017), Chair (2017)
- Digital Public Library of America - Oklahoma Service Hub working group (2015-present)
Selected Publications and Presentations
Select Online Contributions:
Milligan, Sarah (2012). "Folklore and Oral History: Intersections of Sister Fields." In T.Reeves (Ed.), Oral History Review Blog. Oxford University Press. Retrieved from https://blog.oup.com/2012/10/intersections-of-oral-history-folklore/
Milligan, S. (2012). Case study: the Kentucky oral history commission — the digital shift. In D. Boyd, S. Cohen, B. Rakerd, & D. Rehberger (Eds.),Oral history in the digital age. Institute of Library and Museum Services. Retrieved from http://ohda.matrix.msu.edu/2012/06/the-kentucky-oral-history-commission/.
Select Presentations and Workshop Leads:
Milligan, Sarah. (2011) The Good, the Bad and the Real: Utilizing the Veterans History Project to Enhance Partnerships, Build Collections and Find New Audiences. Panelist presentation at the Oral History Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
Milligan, Sarah. (2012) Memory and Mobilization: Bringing Lessons from the Civil Rights Movement to a 21st Century Audience. Workshop for the Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, KY
Milligan, Sarah (2012-2013) Building a Winning Team. Panelist for the Developing History Leaders @ the Seminar for Historical Administrators
Milligan, Sarah. (2013) 50 Shades of Gray: Exploring the Murky Mores of Oral History Deeds of Gift and Release Forms. Panelist presentation at Oral History Association: Annual Meeting, Oklahoma City, OK.
Milligan, Sarah (2013) Digital Preservation Trends and Resources. Workshop for the Kentucky Council on Archives Spring meeting, Richmond, KY.
Milligan, Sarah (2014) Finding Harmony: Pathways for Access to Oral History Collections. Panelist presentation at the Midwest Archivist Conference Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO.
Molinaro, Mary, Skinner, Katherine and Milligan, Sarah (2016) Digital Preservation Outreach Education Train the Trainer: Washington Regional Library Consortium, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Arts Council (2007) More than Music: A Heritage Driving Tour of Kentucky’s Route 23. http://artscouncil.ky.gov/KentuckyArt/Route23DrivingTour.htm
Kentucky Oral History Commission (2013). Pass the Word: An Online Portal for Discovering Kentucky Oral History Collections. https://passtheword.ky.gov