Tanya Finchum: Profile
Oral History, Oklahoma History, Narrative, Older Adults, Sense of Place, Library History
PhD, Family Relations & Child Development - Oklahoma State University
Certificate in Gerontology - Oklahoma State University
MSLS, Library Science - The University of Tennessee
MA, Rehabilitation Counseling - University of Cincinnati
B.S.W, Social Work - East Tennessee State University
How Can Tanya Help You?
I Can Help With
Oral History Association
- Finance Committee. Appointed 2017-2020.
- Local Arrangements Committee. Co-chair 2012-2013.
- Elizabeth Mason Large and Small Projects Award Committee. Chair 2011-2012.
- Program Planning Committee. 2010-2011.
- Article Award Committee. Chair 2009-2010.
American Library Association
- Library History Round Table Justin WInsor Prize Essay Committee. 2017-2019, 2011-2012
- Library History Round Table Donald Davis Article Award Committee. 2014-2016.
- Library History Round Table Phyllis Dain History Dissertation Award Committee. 2013-2015.
Selected Publications & Presentations
Oral History Projects
Awards, Grants, and Other
Finchum, Tanya & Alex Bishop (2017). The Oral History Association's Elizabeth B. Mason (Large) Project Award for "OKlahoma 100 Year Life Oral History Project."
Finchum, Tanya & Juliana Nykolaiszyn (2013). The Oral History Association's Elizabeth B. Mason (Small) Project Award for "The 'Big Top' Show Goes on: An Oral History of Occupations Inside and Outside the Canvas Circus Tent."
Finchum, Tanya & Juliana Nykolaiszyn (2011-2012). "The 'Big Top' Show Goes on: An Oral History of Occupations Inside and Outside the Canvas Circus Tent." Archie Green Fellowship, Library of Congress, $36,000.
"Oral History and Aging: Transmitting Life Stories of Being and Becoming across Cultures and Generations." Columbia Center for Oral History Summer Institute, Columbia University, New York City, New York, June 5-16, 2017. Fellow, selected, $1000 tuition scholarship.
Big 12 Faculty Fellowship, Baylor University Institute for Oral History, Waco, Texas, April 16-27, 2007. Competitive selection.
Advanced Oral History Summer Institute. Regional Oral History Office, University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, California, August 2006. Competitive selection.