New York Times Group Pass: Home
OSU-provided access to The New York Times
New York Times Group Pass
Oklahoma State University provides access to nytimes.com for current students, faculty, and staff through a Group Pass.
How to access
- If you are not a campus network, you'll be prompted to log in with your OSU email and password
- If you are having trouble registering, try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser
- After creating your account, you will not need to use the above link until it is time to renew your Academic Pass--you may simply go to nytimes.com and log in with the account you created during this setup
- Unlimited access on NYTimes.com (There is no daily limit to the number of articles you can download)
- Archives dating back to 1851 (5 PDF article downloads from Times Machine per user per day/100 per month)
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality - found in the app; NYT stories told through enhanced technology
- Podcasts (including The "Daily" podcast)
- All multimedia, including video, photography, VR features, and new multimedia to come.
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese versions of NYTimes.com.
- Unlimited access to two great teaching/learning tools: The New York Times in Education website (must register a separate, free account using @okstate.edu email) and The Learning Network.
Already a subscriber?
If you currently have a paid personal account with your OSU email
- Contact NYT, cancel personal account, and set up an OSU account. Cancellation will occur when current subscription expires.
If you currently have a paid personal account with a non-OSU email
- Set up an OSU account, and cancel your personal account if you wish.
NYT Cooking and Games subscribers
- You cannot add these subscriptions to your free OSU account. They must be on a different email address (you do not need an additional digital newspaper subscription).
To cancel an existing account, please contact New York Times Customer Care:
Renewing OSU NYT Pass
- Student subscriptions are valid through graduation date entered at sign up
- Faculty/staff subscriptions are valid for four years. Renew access at accessnyt.com
- Click on Already have an account? Log in here. Login with the same username and password that you registered with. If you have forgotten your password, click the Forgot password? link.
- You will see an on-screen confirmation that your pass has been reactivated, the new expiration date, and an option to add a calendar reminder for next year.
Attribution and License
The original guide, as well as this OSU guide, are subject to a CC BY-NC 4.0 license . Please feel free to share and adapt with attribution for non-commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.