Hospitality and Tourism Management: Research Databases
A guide to resources and research in hospitality
For academic resources on business:
- BizMinerBizMiner is a database that provides financial statements, valuation tools, and market environment analytics for over 9,000 lines of business specific to local and national markets, with new reports and information with market data updated monthly and financial content twice a year.
- Dun & Bradstreet Key Business RatiosThis database provides online access to competitive benchmarking data, featuring 14 key business ratios for public and private companies in 800 lines of business.
- FactivaProvides access to company and industry financial data and news stories, as well as 6,000 full-text newspapers.
- IBISWorld Industry Market ResearchSearchable market research reports that cover over 700 industries and are updated every 4 months.
- Mergent OnlineProvides fully searchable database of over 10,000 U.S. public companies and company archives data. In addition, data covers over 8,000 dead stocks. Includes factsheets, institutional holdings, equity research reports and U.S. executive biographies. Industry reports provide in-depth analysis of key industries worldwide.
- NetAdvantageA comprehensive, professional source of investment information and analysis on industries and companies from many of Standard & Poor's popular publications, including S&P Industry Surveys and S&P Stock Reports. Full text of stock, bond, and mutual fund guides and reports; earnings and dividends reports; comprehensive company information; industry surveys for 52 major U.S. industries; and directories of companies, executives and security dealers; global industries and companies reports. Data can be viewed, printed, downloaded or exported to a spreadsheet.
For finding company and industry information: company profiles, company financial, industry market reports, etc
- Academic Search PremierThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 2,000 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Premier offers full text information dating as far back as 1985. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- Business Source PremierBusiness Source Premier provides full text for scholarly business journals and other sources, including full text for peer-reviewed business publications. Coverage includes virtually all subject areas related to business.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses GlobalA collection of over a million full-text dissertations and theses since 1861 with 70,000 new entries added each year.
- ScopusScopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.