Chemical Engineering Guide: Articles
Primary Article Databases
- CompendexCompendex has over 27.5 million records from 85 countries across 190 engineering disciplines. There is also a comprehensive, historical view of engineering innovations between 1884-1969 in the Engineering Index Backfile.
- IEEE XploreA research database for journal articles and conference proceedings relating to computer science and electrical engineering. Updated monthly.
- ScopusScopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
- ScienceDirectA scientific research index that contains the full text of more than 1,000 Elsevier Science journals in the life, physical, medical, technical, and social sciences, as well as indexing for journals from cooperating publishers Updated daily Coverage varies by journal. May be searched by journal title and issue in which case the complete table of contents is displayed or by keyword, regardless of the journal title and issue.
- Google ScholarWith an OSU login, the Google Scholar interface allows users to search library holdings and peer-reviewed articles.
Chemical Engineering-Specific Databases
In addition to the primary article databases for engineering, consider the following databases for chemical engineering-specific topics.
- SciFinder-nA database provided by the Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), full of chemical and bibliographic information that covers many scientific and biomedical fields, with an emphasis on chemistry. Click the more button below for information on registering an account to use the database.
- ChemSpiderA free chemical structure database providing fast text and structure search access to over 58 million structures from hundreds of data sources.
- Biological & Agricultural IndexThe Biological & Agricultural index covers multiple scientific disciplines, and contains articles from over 100 journals dating back to 1997, as well as indexing and abstracts from over 380 publications.
- CAB AbstractsCAB (Centre for Agriculture & Bioscience International) Abstracts has over 12.5 million bibliographic records and over 465,000 full text articles.
- ProQuest Research LibraryProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics.
- Academic Search PremierThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 2,000 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Premier offers full text information dating as far back as 1985. This database is updated on a daily basis.
Here are 2 video tutorials on searching Compendex.