Best Practices: Less is more
Less is more!
Include only what users want and need.
- Cut! Cut! Cut! Find the essence.
- Put it away for a day or two.
- Look it over and cut again.
- With each sentence, ask: Do users want or need that?
- Then ask: Do they really want or need that?
- Morkes and Nielsen cut the words by 54% and people thought the site's treatment of topics was more complete. Read more: Applying Writing Guidelines to Web Pages
Hick’s Law is a design principle that states: "The time it takes to make a decision increases as the number of alternatives increases."