ART 4613: Art Since 1960: Home
On this page, these instructions will help you use library resources for your assignments:
How to Find Art Books
Most art books are located on the 4th floor of Edmon Low Library. Look for larger books, also called Quartos or Oversized books, on the lower level. Please note that architecture books are housed in the Architecture Library in the School of Architecture building.
- How to Find and Check Out a BookThis quick video will walk you through finding and checking out a book. It also links to videos on how to read a call number and use interlibrary services.
- OSU Library SearchAlso known as the library catalog. Start looking for books here.
How to Find EBooks
- JSTORFull-text access for over 17 million journal articles, books, documents, and research reports in a variety of disciplines.
- OSU Library SearchWhen you search, look for Books & Media in the search suggestions that pops up. Then filter for Available Online on the left. Try chat if you need help.
How to Find Journal Articles
You can find journal articles from the Library Search or in one of the art history research databases below. Not having much luck? You can also try Google Scholar.
- How to Find a Journal ArticleThis quick video will walk you through the process of finding journal articles.
Art History Research Databases for Journal Articles
To find journal articles you may need to use an index or bibliography. These tools can be searched like the library catalog using names, keywords, phrases, word combinations, etc. Some indexes will only provide a citation to the article while others may provide a full-text version.
- Art & Architecture CompleteArt & Architecture Complete provides full-text coverage of 380 periodicals and more than 200 books. There is also cover-to-cover indexing for more than 780 academic journals, magazines, and trade publications, and selective coverage for 70 additional publications and a collection of over 63,000 images that are provided by Picture Desk, among others.
- Bibliography of the History of ArtBeginning in 1991, this bibliographical database covers European and American visual arts materials, including articles from over 1,200 journals that cover material published between 1975 and 2007.
- JSTORFull-text access for over 17 million journal articles, books, documents, and research reports in a variety of disciplines. Use the Advanced Search Journal Filter to limit by subject Art & Art History and/or other subjects.
- Project MUSEFull text access for about scholarly journals published by Johns Hopkins University Press (43 titles). Coverage generally ranges from 1993 to present.
- America: History & LifePublished since 1964, the index of literature covers the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present, with over 1,700 indexed journals dated as far back to 1910.
- Newspaper Source PlusProvides a full-text digital collection of the world's major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires, and news magazines. In addition, it offers television and radio transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources.
How to Cite Sources in Chicago Style
The links below will get you started with Chicago style citations.
- ZoteroBibTo create a citation automatically from an ISBN, DOI or a form, try a citation manager like ZoteroBib. Click Help in the upper right corner for instructions.
- Chicago Manual of Style 17th EditionThe Chicago Manual of Style Quick Guide provides examples and guidance for citing journal articles and books that you reference in your paper.
Find books from other libraries with WorldCat. Find a book, then, to have it delivered to OSU, click Borrow from Another Library.
For even more resources, take a look at the library guide for Art, Art History & Graphic Design.