Teaching, Learning and Educational Sciences: Elementary Education
This guide highlights resources relevant for students completing programs in the School of Teaching and Curriculum Leadership at Oklahoma State University.
- Academic Search Premier A general database that covers many topics.
- ERIC (ed.gov interface) ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, provides access to education literature and resources.
- ARTstor ARTstor houses pictures of artwork and information about them. Useful for art, art history, history, or social studies.
Find a Book or Article
BOSS (Big Orange Search System)
- a topic discovery tool
- search the libraries of all OSU campuses: Stillwater, Tulsa, OKC, Okmulgee, Health Sciences Center (Tulsa)
- results include books AND journals, newspapers, book reviews, book chapters, theses and dissertations, and many other publication types
- will often suggest databases for additional research
- request materials from other libraries via ILS (InterLibrary Services)
Websites with Free Lesson Plans
- Associated Press Archive The Associated Press has released it's archival footage and made it freely available on YouTube.
- Big 6 Use the Big 6 to help your students learn about finding and using information.
- Choose My Plate Nutrition information for kids, teens, and adults from The U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Crayola Lesson Plans Lesson plans for all levels combining art with math, science, and literacy.
- Education World free lesson plans available here
- Initiative for 21st Century Literacy "Our projects help teachers and students *integrate the classroom use of sophisticated technologies and new literacies *improve literacy teaching and learning *build relationships and collaborations through multiple avenues of communication and information *participate critically and ethically in digital settings "
- The Learning Network: Teaching and Learning with the New York Times Lesson plans involving news and media and stories from the NY Times.
- Library of Congress The Library of Congress has many resources for educators including lesson plans and oral history interviews. A great source for history, culture, and social studies.
- Ocean Explorer NOAA The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association presents lesson plans and multimedia guides related to ocean and weather.
- PBS Learning Media Videos, lessons plans, interactive media, and self-paced lessons all from PBS. All grade levels.
- ReadWriteThink Lesson plans and interactives for teaching writing.
- Science.gov "The gateway to U.S. Federal Science."
- Smithsonian Education Smithsonian Lesson Plans covering history, arts, science and more...
- Teachers.net A collection of free, online lesson plans.