There are many things to do when a student is hired.
1. Establish a work schedule. May start first day with only first day start time set and complete schedule with supervisor.
2. Talk to Dean's Office about payroll and employment forms. See list of items to bring if hired.
3. Provide a paper timesheet to use until student is set-up in Banner.
4. Review Department Guidelines for Student Assistants.
5. Provide a copy of Welcome to your job at the OSU Library: Student Employee Guide with supervisors information completed (available from the Dean's Office)
7. Collect phone tree information using the Employee Information form.
8. Discuss Employee Authorization for Reference Release and offer the chance to go ahead and put that on file. It may be withdrawn or change permissions at any time by submitting an updated form to Library HR.
9. Show student to their work space and explain policies regarding food, technology, and security of belongings.
10. Tour time! Department Tour (including break space/fridge/microwave)and Full Library Tour including office spaces.
General Student Employee Orientation is now complete. Student will begin training and instruction on specific tasks for their job.