BCOM 3113_Hill: Country Information
The CIA World Factbook
A government resource from the United States Central Intelligence Agency. Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
government resource from the Library of Congress. Provides description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
A Canadian government resource from the Foreign Affairs Canada, Center for Intercultural Learning. The site provides snapshots of the overall social and cultural information.
Mainly a company research database, but includes country profiles on the bottom left of the main page.
WHO / Countries
The official website of the World Health Organization.
World Culture Encyclopedia (Countries and their Cultures)
Information includes demography, linguistics, food, social stratification, and much more.
More useful sources at OSU Libraries
- The Statesman's YearbookCall Number: 310.58 S797Publication Date: 2016Current edition is kept in Main Library. Previous editions are located in the Auxiliary Building - can be requested via ILL (http://info.library.okstate.edu/ILS/remote-materials)
- CulturegramsCall Number: 909.025 C968Publication Date: 2002, 2007
- Countries and Their Cultures (4 volumes)Call Number: 306.03 C855ISBN: 0028649508Publication Date: 2001A good general overview of countries. All entries have the same structure, with sections on geography, history, demography, languages, food, economy, etiquette, politics, family, religion, and arts and humanities.
- Encyclopedia of the World's Nations and Cultures (e-book)ISBN: 0816063079Publication Date: 2007Covers 193 countries. Each entry begins with a "Basic Fact Sheet" (head of state, capital, area, religion, national holidays, and so forth).Subsections include "Geographical Features," "Ethnic Compositions,"Languages," "Religions," "Political Parties," "Fo reign Policy," and "Economy," plus new sections on culture-related topics such as "Living Conditions," "Folklore and Mythology," "Etiquette," "Family Life," and "Personal Appearance."
- Encyclopedia of the World's Nations and Cultures byCall Number: 903 E563ISBN: 0816063079Publication Date: 2006-09-014 volumes
- Dun & Bradstreet Guide to Doing Business Around the WorldCall Number: 658.848 M882d 2001ISBN: 0735201080Publication Date: 2001
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life byCall Number: 305.8003 W927 2009ISBN: 1414448821Publication Date: 2009-05-12v. 1: Africa; v. 2: Americas; v. 3 -v. 4: Asian & Oceania; v. 5: Europe