Kay Bjornen: Profile
- Co-coordinator & Instructor – OSU Data & Software Carpentry workshops
- 2019 Chair, Faculty Awards committee – Women’s Faculty Council
- Research Data Access and Preservation Association (RDAP), education committee – Hackathon planning – Spring 2020- present
- Data Transparency subcommittee – Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior (2018-20)
- Advisory board, University of Oklahoma School of Library and Information Studies (2018-2020)
- Member, Special Libraries Association, Secretary Chemistry Community
- Past Chair, Northern Oklahoma Section American Chemical Society 2015
- Chair Planning Committee, 2016 Pentasectional Regional Meeting, American Chemical Society
- 2017 Northern Oklahoma Section American Chemical Society Outreach Volunteer of the Year
- Member, American Library Association
Selected Publications & Presentations
Prud’homme, Patrice-Andre, Bjornen, Kay.K., Doehle, Phillip. “Machine Learning in the Library: Developing an Interdepartmental Core Solution to Manage Data”, Journal of Digital Media Management, in press.
Bjornen, K.K. “Cooking up Community for Advancing Undergraduate Data & Computing Skills”, ACRL Scholarly Communications Cookbook, in press.
Bjornen, K. K., H. Chambers, and D. Degonia. 2003. "Development of a fuel efficient multipurpose 75w-90 gear lubricant." SAE Technical Papers. doi: 10.4271/2003-01-1992.
Bjornen, K. K., and M. E. Graham. 2004. "Monitoring water in automotive lubricants with fourier transform infrared spectroscopy." SAE Technical Papers. doi: 10.4271/2004-01-3050.
Gangopadhyay, A. K., R. O. Carter Iii, S. Simko, H. Gao, K. K. Bjornen, and E. D. Black. 2005. "Valvetrain friction and wear performance with fresh and used low phosphorous engine oils." STLE Annual Meeting Preprints.
Gangopadhyay, A. K., R. O. Carter Iii, S. Simko, H. Gao, K. K. Bjornen, and E. D. Black. 2007a. "Peer-reviewed: Valvetrain friction and wear performance with fresh and used low phosphorous engine oils." Tribology and Lubrication Technology 63 (11):62-71.
Gangopadhyay, A. K., R. O. Carter Iii, S. Simko, H. Gao, K. K. Bjornen, and E. D. Black. 2007b. "Valvetrain friction and wear performance with fresh and used low-phosphorous engine oils." Tribology Transactions 50 (3):350-360. doi: 10.1080/10402000701429204.
Gao, H., K. K. Bjornen, A. K. Gangopadhyay, and R. K. Jensen. 2005. "Oxidation and antiwear retention capability of low-phosphorus engine oils." SAE Technical Papers. doi: 10.4271/2005-01-3822.
Gao, H., J. S. McQueen, E. D. Black, K. K. Bjornen, A. K. Gangopadhyay, R. K. Jensen, and E. A. Soltis. 2003. "Antiwear performance of low phosphorus engine oils on tappet inserts in motored sliding valvetrain test." SAE Technical Papers. doi: 10.4271/2003-01-3119.
Bjornen, Kay K. 2014. Electrocoagulation for removal of dissolved naphthenic acids from water. edited by United States Patent and Trademark Office: ConocoPhillips Company (Houston TX).
Bjornen, K. K. 2018. "Separating Cutting Edge Research from Old School Record Keeping." Midwest Data Librarians Symposium 2018, Ames, IA.
Bjornen, K. K. 2018. " A Three Pronged Approach to Data Literacy at Oklahoma State University." CADRE Conference, Stillwater, OK, April 18, 2018.