So you downloaded data from Alma to Excel and the data is all in one column?
Or maybe all the numbers, such as barcodes, item numbers,
MMS IDs, or some other number, is all funny? Have no fear,
we will sort this out.
1. Open a blank worksheet in Excel and navigate to the "Data" tab at the top.
2. Click on "Get External Data" on the tool bar, and select "From Text"
3. Select the file you want to open and hit next.
4. Select the "Delimited" radio button, check the
"My data has headers" box, and hit "Next"
5. Next you'll need to pick the one that puts your data into columns in the
"Data Preview" pane. Depending on the type of file you are trying to
upload, this could be a different selection. Comma Separated (CSV) files
will require you to select Comma. Then hit "Next"
6. Click on each column individually in the "Data Preview" pane
and change the radio button to "Text". Then hit "Finish"
7. If started with a blank Excel workbook, you should be able to just hit "OK"
on this next screen. If not, designate where you want the new data to be placed.