Special Collections Departments-Coronavirus Update: Home
Even though the Library may be closed, the units that make up the Special Collections division are still here to help you.
For reference questions, we recommend that you forward requests through firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you have a specific request for one of our Special Collections Departments, please refer to the following information on contacts, services, and digital resources:
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 405-744-6311 or 405-744-6597
Services: General reference services for the Archives will be available virtually from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, and research requests will be dependent upon staff availability.
- The Archives' digital collections are located at https://library.okstate.edu/search-andfind/collections/digital-collections/. This link includes access to student newspapers, yearbooks, Centennial Histories, and a range of other online materials.
- For information on records destruction and transfer information and relevant forms, please go to https://info.library.okstate.edu/scua/home/records.
Education and Teaching Library
Phone: 405-612-3842 (cell)
Services: General reference services for the ETL will be available virtually from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The library will open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug.13 and 14 and will resume regular operating hours beginning Aug. 17.
- The ETL tutorials page is here: https://library.okstate.edu/tutorials/.
- Research Guides are here: https://library.okstate.edu/research-guidessubject-lists/ Users must login with their OKEY for library access off campus.
- The library has some videos on educational topics available through Kanopy: Click on the link to Kanopy here: https://library.okstate.edu/databases/?letter=K
Services: General reference services for Government Documents will be available virtually from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and by appointment for in-person consultation 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Access to Materials: Contact the department by phone or email to check the availability of materials. Many publications are available online and can be emailed as a PDF upon request or we can direct you to the agency website.
- A list of search tools for general government information can be found at http://info.library.okstate.edu/government-documents.
- Helpful resources for patent and trademark research are listed at http://info.library.okstate.edu/patent-and-trademark-resource-center.
- The Government Information Online blog also provides access to and context for useful information: https://okstategovdocs.blogspot.com/
John Rex Cunningham Architecture Library
Services: General reference services will be available virtually 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday. The library will open 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Aug.10-14 and will resume regular operating hours Aug. 17.
- Library guides and digital projects can be accessed at the Architecture Library’s main page.
Maps and Spatial Data
Services: General reference services for Maps and Spatial Data will be available virtually from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- To request aerial photography, consult the website and email any requests to email@example.com.
- View our digital collection of nearly 10,000 maps online. Patrons can request high resolution digital copies of our maps by emailing requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access ArcGIS Online, download and use ArcGIS Pro, or request ArcGIS Desktop. You can also access ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro through OSU IT’s Virtual Labs.
- Take online courses teaching GIS, spatial analysis, cartography and more. Learn more by visiting the Map Room Training page.
Oklahoma Oral History Research Program
Services: General reference services for OOHRP will be available virtually from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- All processed and unrestricted oral histories are available online.
- Podcasts from the OOHRP can be found online.
- Links to general oral history resources are listed on our site.
William E. Brock Memorial Library (College of Veterinary Medicine Library)
Services: General reference services for the Brock Library will be available virtually from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The library will be open 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 10-14 and will resume regular operating hours Aug. 17.
- The VetMed Libguide contains digital resources and links to our electronically available textbooks.