CIED 4012: Integration of Literacy: Audio Books
Resources on literacy in the K-12 curriculum, on audio books, and about creating web pages and online audio centers.
All Ears, No Tears: How to Create a Listening Corner
Here are basic steps for creating your own online listening corner for your library or classroom.
- Develop a web page using one of the following software programs, or use your classroom webpage.
- Word Press (or another blog platform)
- Search the Internet for stories or books to use with your students.
- Bookmark or copy the URL of each website of the stories to your webpage.
- Locate clipart to add interest and variety to your web page.
- Provide directions for using the Online Listening Corner.
Story Websites and Audio Book Resources
- America's StoryFrom the Library of Congress, a history site for kids.
- CbeebiesThe BBC kids site includes story time and interactive games.
- Clifford InteractiveEverybody loves Clifford, the BIG red dog. Now you can read and play with him online.
- OverdriveCheck out free eBooks with your public library card through Overdrive.
- PBS KidsOnline stories, games, and interactive tools from your favorite PBS Kids shows.
- Reading RainbowLeVar Burton is online! Watch and read with Reading Rainbow. Some content here is free, and some requires a subscription.
- Storyline OnlineThe Screen Actors' Guild members read Children's books.