Languages and Literatures: Citing Sources
Bibliographic Management Software & Online Style Guides
Zotero bibliographic management software helps you format citations in MLA Style and over 200 other bibliographic styles, and works with Microsoft Word to help you create your Works Cited/bibliography pages. Use the link below to learn about Zotero, download the software, and find out about training opportunities:
These are some guides on the Web to MLA and other citation styles. They can be used help formulate citations, but consult the print style books listed above if you have questions.
- Quick Guide to MLA Style (OSU Library) is a quick reference on how to cite common types of sources.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): MLA is a detailed reference source on MLA Style.
- MLA Handbook Companion Site (MLA) NOTE: To use this site, you much purchase a copy of the 7th Ed. of the MLA Handbook and register an account.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL): Chicago Manual of Style is a detailed reference source on the 16th Ed. of the manual.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online (University of Chicago Press) NOTE: To use this site, you must purchase an individual subscription.
Below are the locations of the print editions of the citation manuals for consultation in General Reference, 1st floor: