Latin American and Latinx History: Latin American primary sources
Sourcebooks and documentary histories
- Colonial Latin America : a documentary history (print book) 980.01 C7185 2004
- A documentary history of Brazil (print book) 981.008 B967d
- Letters and People of the Spanish Indies (print book) 980.008 C178 no.22
- The taking of Texas : a documentary history (print book) 976.403 M182t
The Latin America Reader series (Duke University Press)
General Digital Collections
- Biblioteca Digital del Patroimonio Iberoamericano Portal to digital collections of many Latin American national libraries
- Foreign Relations of the United States (1861-1960) The official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions that have been declassified and edited for publication
- Digital Archive of Latin American and Caribbean Ephemera Pamphlets, flyers, leaflets, brochures, posters, stickers, and postcards. These items originally created by a wide array of social activists, non-governmental organizations, government agencies, political parties, public policy think tanks, and other types of organizations in order to publicize their views, positions, agendas, policies, events, and activities
- Latin American Pamphlet Digital Collection Scarce and unique pamphlets, primarily from Chile, Cuba, Bolivia and Mexico, published during the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Latin American Travelogues A digital collection of Latin American travel accounts written in the 16th-19th centuries
Colonial Resources (pre-1867)
- Biblioteca Digital Hispánica (Spanish) Digital collections from the National Library of Spain includes hundreds of early books on Latin America as well as other material
- UNM Spanish Colonial Research Center A selection of colonial documents and maps from Spanish and Mexican archives
Post-Colonial Resources (post-1867)
- Latin American Political Campaign Ephemera Collection (1990-2009) Pamphlets, posters, and other campaign literature issued primarily by political parties in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Chile, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and El Salvador.
- National Security Archive Declassified Archive of declassified U.S. documents
- Human Rights in Latin America (CIA) (1964-1995) Human rights in Latin America, with some documents dating from 1964 to 1995. Most of the documents concern El Salvador and Guatemala, but the collection also contains records on Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras, Chile, and Peru.
- Latin American Newspapers A collection of more than 55 fully searchable Latin America newspapers published in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Historical Worldwide Newspapers Online: Latin America A guide to free Internet sources of historical newspapers across Latin America.