This guide covers finding music and scores at the OSU Library as well as using audio and scores databases and music research databases
Music Resources at the OSU Library
URL of this Research Guide: http://info.library.okstate.edu/music
This guide will cover Oklahoma State University Library print and online recourses to support the programs offered by the OSU Music Department.
It will show you how to find music scores and recordings in the OSU Library. It will also cover the Library's music audio and to listen to online recordings and databases to access online music scores (that can be printed out). It will also point you to online resources for music research using reference e-book and journal article databases.
To access the online Library resources, you will need to log in with your O-Key email address/userid and password.
Books about music in the Dewey Decimal Classification System we use at OSU are located in the 780s on the 4th floor of the Edmon Low Library. Music scores are shelved along with books on music, though some scores are oversized books (quartos) shelved in the Basement. Recordings on CDs, DVDs, and other physical formats are mostly located in Room 105 of the Library where they also have equipment for listening.
This guide will cover (use the links or click on the headings in the sidebar on the left of the desktop view of this page)
- Searching for Books, Scores and Recordings with BOSS book search or the Catalog (Advanced) search
- Using the Music Audio and Scores Databases to listen to streaming music tracks and access online music scores
- Searching Reference and Journal Article Databases to research composers, works, and other topics related to music
- Suggested Web Sites on Music for further research on musical topics
- Suggested style manuals for Writing About Music, including citing musical works and other examples.