Physical Education: Home
- SPORTDiscus with Full TextSPORTDiscus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for sports & sports medicine journals, providing full text for 550 journals indexed in SPORTDiscus. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the SPORTDiscus index - with no embargo. With full-text coverage dating back to 1930, SPORTDiscus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of sports & sports medicine literature.
- ERIC (EBSCO interface)The Educational Resources Information Center is an index that contains education-related literature and research.
- PsycINFOThis database is published by the American Psychological Association and provides comprehensive indexing and abstracts of the international psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Documents indexed include journals, articles, books, dissertations, and more. 90% of the 3,000+ titles indexed in APA PsycINFO are peer-reviewed.
- Sociological AbstractsSociological Abstracts, and its companion file Social Services Abstracts, covers the international literature on sociology, social work, and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. It provides abstracting and indexing of articles and book reviews drawn from thousands of serials publications, plus books, book chapters, dissertations, conference papers, and working papers.
- CABI ReviewsCABI Reviews is an international reviews database that focuses on multiple scientific disciplines, with a strong focus on research that will help world food security and the attainment of sustainable development goals.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic EditionA health database that provides nearly 550 scholarly full-text journals alongside 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- MEDLINECreated by the United States National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE is an authoritative bibliographic database containing citations and abstracts for biomedical and health journals used by health care professionals, nurses, clinicians and researchers.
- PubMedMore than 34 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and eBooks, with some full-text linked.
- JSTORFull-text access for over 17 million journal articles, books, documents, and research reports in a variety of disciplines.
- ProQuest Research LibraryProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics.
- Academic Search PremierThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 2,000 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Premier offers full text information dating as far back as 1985. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- Google ScholarWith an OSU login, the Google Scholar interface allows users to search library holdings and peer-reviewed articles.
The OSU Stillwater Library, the Edmon Low Library, has a collection of over three million books. To identify a book, use a library catalog. A library catalog is a database of all the items in the collection, searchable by title, author, keyword and a variety of other ways.
Books Available Elsewhere
- WorldCatOver 36 million records of any type of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Includes citations of manuscripts written as early as the 11th century. Updated daily.
EndNote - free bibliographic management software that you can use to save citations into a database of references that you can insert into your research papers.
RefME is a free, easy to use, online tool built to help undergraduates create, save, and share citations and build great works-cited lists and bibliographies
Style Sheet - Print Sources
- AMA Manual of Style byCall Number: 808.06661 A512 2007 (Room 105)ISBN: 9780195176339Publication Date: 2007-03-15
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association byCall Number: 808.02 P976 2010ISBN: 1433805596Publication Date: 2009-07-15
Online Style Sheets