Sarah Milligan: Profile
- Co-Director, OSU Humanities Initiative (2021-2022)
- Oral history Association, Remote Interviewing Best Practices Task Force, Member (2020)
- American Folklore Society, Annual Meeting (Tulsa, OK) Local Arrangements Co-Chair (2022)
- Oral History Association, Council member (2018-2022)
- Oklahoma Archivists Association, Co-founder, Inaugural President (2017-2018), Annual Meeting Program Committee Chair (2018), Past President (2019), Education Committee Chair (2020-2021)
- Oklahoma Humanities, Board of Trustees Member (2017-2023)
- Oral History Association, Best Practices Working Group Co-chair (2017-2018)
- Digital Public Library of America - Oklahoma Service Hub working group (2015-present)
- Oral History Association Nominating Committee Member (2015-2017), Chair (2017)
- Oklahoma Representative, Regional Archival Association Consortium (2015-2017)
- Society of Southwest Archivists Annual Meeting Local Arrangements Committee (2016), Program committee (2017)
- Oral History Association Annual Meeting Program Co-chair (2016)
- American Association of State and Local History Annual Meeting Program Committee (2015)
- Mentor, Oral History Association Annual Meeting Mentoring Program (2014, 2017)
- Library of Congress Digital Preservation Outreach Education Trainer (2011 Certification), Anchor instructor (2016)
Selected Publications and Presentations
Select Online Contributions:
Milligan, Sarah; Reeves, Troy; Barland, Ryan; Boyd, Doug; Cain, Adrienne; Berger Gluck, Sherna; Jessee, Erin; Lee, Calinda; Mears, Rachel; Meeker, Martin; Summers-Sandoval, Tomas; Strong, Liz; Sullivan, Sady; and Valk, Annie (2018) Oral History Association, "Oral History Principles and Best Practices" https://www.oralhistory.org/principles-and-best-practices-revised-2018/
Milligan, Sarah (2012). "Folklore and Oral History: Intersections of Sister Fields." In T.Reeves (Ed.), Oral History Review Blog. Oxford University Press. Retrieved from https://blog.oup.com/2012/10/intersections-of-oral-history-folklore/
Milligan, S. (2012). Case study: the Kentucky oral history commission — the digital shift. In D. Boyd, S. Cohen, B. Rakerd, & D. Rehberger (Eds.),Oral history in the digital age. Institute of Library and Museum Services. Retrieved from http://ohda.matrix.msu.edu/2012/06/the-kentucky-oral-history-commission/.
Select Presentations and Workshop Leads:
Nowell, Shanedra, Rathje, Lisa, Bowman, Paddy, Shanker, Guha, Milligan, Sarah (2020) "Teaching and Learning the Narratives, Places, and Legacies of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre. 4-day online teacher workshop. Sponsored by OSU-Stillwater, OSU-Tulsa, Library of Congress American Folklife Center and Local Learning Network.
Milligan, Sarah (2020, 2021), Voces Oral History Research Summer Institute invited scholar, "Oral History Ethics."
Milligan, Sarah (2018) Library of Congress, American Folklife Center Veterans History Project invited workshop lead, Stillwater and Oklahoma City, OK.
Molinaro, Mary, Skinner, Katherine and Milligan, Sarah (2016) Digital Preservation Outreach Education Train the Trainer: Washington Regional Library Consortium, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Milligan, Sarah (2014) Finding Harmony: Pathways for Access to Oral History Collections. Panelist presentation at the Midwest Archivist Conference Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO.
Milligan, Sarah. (2013) 50 Shades of Gray: Exploring the Murky Mores of Oral History Deeds of Gift and Release Forms. Panelist presentation at Oral History Association: Annual Meeting, Oklahoma City, OK.
Milligan, Sarah (2013) Digital Preservation Trends and Resources. Workshop for the Kentucky Council on Archives Spring meeting, Richmond, KY.
Milligan, Sarah (2012-2013) Building a Winning Team. Panelist for the Developing History Leaders @ the Seminar for Historical Administrators
Milligan, Sarah. (2012) Memory and Mobilization: Bringing Lessons from the Civil Rights Movement to a 21st Century Audience. Workshop for the Kentucky Historical Society, Frankfort, KY
Milligan, Sarah. (2011) The Good, the Bad and the Real: Utilizing the Veterans History Project to Enhance Partnerships, Build Collections and Find New Audiences. Panelist presentation at the Oral History Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
Oklahoma Oral History Research Program, Oklahoma State University Library (2018) Chilocco History Project. https://chilocco.library.okstate.edu
ITHAKA S+R National Study "Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Agricultural Researchers." (2016) Co-lead for OSU local study/report https://hdl.handle.net/11244/47160
Kentucky Oral History Commission (2013). Pass the Word: An Online Portal for Discovering Kentucky Oral History Collections. https://passtheword.ky.gov
Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Arts Council (2007) More than Music: A Heritage Driving Tour of Kentucky’s Route 23. http://artscouncil.ky.gov/KentuckyArt/Route23DrivingTour.htm