School Psychology: Home
This guide contains resources to assist with your research for School Psychology
- PsycINFOThis database is published by the American Psychological Association and provides comprehensive indexing and abstracts of the international psychological literature from the 1800s to the present. Documents indexed include journals, articles, books, dissertations, and more. 90% of the 3,000+ titles indexed in APA PsycINFO are peer-reviewed.
- Sociological AbstractsSociological Abstracts, and its companion file Social Services Abstracts, covers the international literature on sociology, social work, and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. It provides abstracting and indexing of articles and book reviews drawn from thousands of serials publications, plus books, book chapters, dissertations, conference papers, and working papers.
- ERIC (EBSCO interface)The Educational Resources Information Center is an index that contains education-related literature and research.
- MEDLINECreated by the United States National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE is an authoritative bibliographic database containing citations and abstracts for biomedical and health journals used by health care professionals, nurses, clinicians and researchers.
- PubMedMore than 34 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and eBooks, with some full-text linked.
- PsycTESTSAPA PsycTests, produced by the American Psychological Association (APA), serves as a repository for a growing selection of psychological tests and measures, including thousands of actual test instruments and test items that are available for immediate download and use in research and teaching. International in scope, APA PsycTests also provides access to an increasing number of tests that are available in languages other than English
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in PrintDesigned for novices and professionals alike, it contains full-text reviews for test products in psychology, education, business and leadership. In addition, it provides a bibliography to all known commercially available English-language tests currently in print
- PTSDPubsThis database, formerly called PILOTS, is produced by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD. The database provides citations and abstracts to the worldwide literature on PTSD and other psychological effects of trauma.
- JSTORFull-text access for over 17 million journal articles, books, documents, and research reports in a variety of disciplines.
- ProQuest Research LibraryProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics.
- Google ScholarWith an OSU login, the Google Scholar interface allows users to search library holdings and peer-reviewed articles.
- Academic Search PremierThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 2,000 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Premier offers full text information dating as far back as 1985. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- OSU Library CatalogThe OSU Stillwater Library, the Edmon Low Library, has a collection of over three million books.
- APA E-CollectionFull-text scholarly and professional books published by the American Psychological Association, OSU’s collection covers book published from 2010 through 2014
Books Available Elsewhere
- WorldCatOver 36 million records of any type of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Includes citations of manuscripts written as early as the 11th century. Updated daily.
EndNote - free bibliographic management software that you can use to save citations into a database of references that you can insert into your research papers.
Style Sheet - Print Sources
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association byCall Number: 808.02 P976 2010ISBN: 1433805596Publication Date: 2009-07-15In addition to providing guidance on grammar, the mechanics of writing, and APA style, this manual offers an authoritative reference and citation system. It also covers the treatment of numbers, statistical and mathematical data, tables and figures.
Online Style Sheets