High School Visitors Information: Home
School Group Visitor Information and Links
We are happy to host your class at the library. When planning your visit, we will ask the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the visit?
- How many students will be coming? Our instruction lab can only accommodate up to 36 students.
- How long will you need to be in the library? One to two hour visits are the custom.
Guidelines for visits:
- Please limit group size to a maximum of 36.
- Students should have some project or assignment to work on, and a research topic before they arrive.
- There should be adult supervision and/or chaperones.
- Please call or email to make arrangements for a visit at least 2 weeks in advance, the earlier the better.
- There are certain times of the school year when it is more difficult to accommodate visiting groups. Please feel free to request a session when needed, but realize that during certain times, it may be difficult to schedule.
- The OSU Library is dedicated to priority service for the students, faculty and staff of the University community. Non-university groups will be welcomed, but our first priority always rests with the University community.
- Appropriate conduct is expected from all who use the facilities. Complaints regarding inappropriate behavior from school groups may result in that school from being denied permission to visit in the future.
- OSU Library internet accessible workstations outside the instruction lab are specifically off limits to school groups.
- School groups should not use tobacco in any form; tobacco use is prohibited by university policy.
To make a reservation for a school group, please contact Holly Reiter at 405-744-1974, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting to the OSU Libary
Generally, bus parking is available at University overflow Lot 120, which is located on the corner of Washington and McElroy, on the north side. Monroe Avenue is closed to through traffic from Athletic Avenue to just north of Willard Hall from 8-5 M-F, and Hester Street is closed to through traffic as well. If you are planning to drop students off, plan accordingly.
Additionally, we have a limited number of permits we can provide to visiting groups. Please contact us at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit, and we will mail a permit to you.