RLS: Undergraduate Services and Programs
- Get started on your paper or project by using our Research Guides
- Our Subject Specialists are experts who can help you find information in your specific major or area
- Schedule an appointment with your Subject Specialist
- Use databases to find in-depth scholarly articles
- Search for books, articles, and more
- Curious? Want to browse our shelves, but not sure where to start? Use the Dewey Decimal System to find your area of interest, then find a book on our shelves and figure out how to read a call number.
- Ask us a question
- Use RefME to easily create citations or get more in-depth help writing citations
Get Involved at the Library
- Find us on social media
- Find student jobs, work study, and internship opportunities on our jobs page
- Library Ambassador Program
- Undergraduate Library Research Award
- Improve your presentation and interview skills with our Presentation Coaching services.
- Create and experiment with technology (including 3D printers) at the Edmon Low Creative Studios
- Learn about emerging and innovative technologies during out Tech Tuesday @2 sessions
- Library House Party and Welcome Week tours
- View library news or browse our events calendar for upcoming programs
- Learn valuable skills in our Introduction to Academic Research credit course
Study, Relax, Create, and Research at the Library
Welcome from the Director
Hello, undergraduates! Welcome to the library. We offer many services, spaces, and resources that will help you succeed in the classroom and ensure that you are prepared to enter your professional lives (or graduate school) with the skills needed to be efficient and ethical creators and consumers of information. We want you to be ready to think critically about how to find and use the best information possible for a variety of scenarios, whether in the workplace or in your daily lives.
There is more information being created now than ever before in the history of humankind. It can be incredibly difficult to sort out the valuable information from all the noise that surrounds us, especially when dealing with the complex issues that you will tackle as a student. In other words, research is tough, and you're expected to become proficient at it while you are a student.
Don't worry, though. We're here to help. Our librarians and staff are trained to be experts in helping you use information and we can make research way less painful. We'll interact with you in your classes and programs, acting as research guides from your first day on campus through your graduation. But don't wait for us to come to you! Visit us in the library or browse our various research guides, designed to help you find the right information for your assignments and papers. And please be sure to participate in the variety of events and opportunities for undergraduates, from our Library House Party to our Undergraduate Library Research Award.
Best of luck and we hope to see you in the library!
Matt Upson, Director for Undergraduate Instruction and Outreach Services