Higher Education: Home
This research guide will introduce various databases and websites helpful for education research, statistics and current events.
Use any of the links on the left to find articles, books or statistics on higher education aspects, adult education, educational leadership.
Selected education associations, organizations & news sites
- EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is "to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology." Membership is open to institutions of higher education, corporations serving the higher education information technology market, and other related associations and organizations.
- Inside Higher Education is an online source for news, opinion and jobs for all of higher education. Founded in 2004 by three executives with expertise in higher education. One can sign up for daily news from the site.
- Chronicle of Higher Education is the top news source for news, information and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Published daily some content may only be available through subscription which you can access here.
- National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education promotes public policies that enhance America's opportunities to pursue and achieve high-quality education and training beyond high school. As an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, the National Center prepares action-oriented analyses of pressing policy issues facing the states and the nation.
- Association for the Study of Higher Education promotes collaboration among its members engaged in the study of higher education through research, conferences and publications, including its highly regarded journal The Review of Higher Education.
Educational Research Institutes
These institutes supply education data and statisitics for institutions of higher education:
Higher Education Research Institute focuses on providing longitudinal research reports, like the Cooperative Institutional Research Program, to understand higher education and its impact on college students. Their research is deseminated through books, workshops, conference presentations and journals,
National Survey of Student Engagement, is run through the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research. Through its student survey, The College Student Report, NSSE annually collects information at hundreds of four-year colleges and universities about student participation in programs and activities that institutions provide for their learning and personal development.