Open Access @OSU Libraries: Deposit to SHAREOK
The OSU Library offers services in support of faculty, staff, and students' right to share your scholarship.
SHAREOK is Oklahoma State University's institutional repository (IR), an open collection of OSU theses & dissertations, faculty publications and research, digital special collections, open access publications, open educational resources, scholarship created by students in undergraduate research programs, and much more.
There are two ways to deposit to SHAREOK:
Exercise your right to share your scholarship
For roughly four out of five articles, publishers explicitly allow authors to upload your accepted, peer-reviewed manuscript to an institutional repository. In two out of three cases, publishers allow immediate upload. There are a number of ways you can find out if your work is eligible for deposit:
1) ShareYourPaper.org allows you to paste in your article's DOI, checks journal policies and copyright details, and provides information about whether and how you are permitted to share it.
2) Sherpa Romeo is an database of journals' copyright and self-archiving policies. Enter a journal's title and see which version of the pre or post-publication of the manuscript the journal you are permitted to make open access and when, such as uploading to SHAREOK.
3) Review your author agreement and the publisher website. Look for phrases like "green open access" or "author sharing." Contact us for assistance reviewing your CV and publication contracts and determining which publications may be eligible for deposit.
4) If you have a funder that requires Plan S open access, use the Plan S-compliant journal finder.
5) Questions about making a paper open access? Contact Clarke Iakovakis at email@example.com
SHAREOK also provides access to book chapters, data, conference proceedings, posters, slides, and nearly all research outputs.
Exercise your right to make your research available beyond paywalls in order to advance knowledge, contribute to OSU's land-grant mission, and enhance your visibility and impact.