Statistics, Open Access Data and Research Portals: Home
Open access statistics and datasets from federal government agencies are available for download in various formats. See also research portals. Begin with the portals on this page and then review available datasets, etc. by the subject categories.
- Data.govPortal for 200,000 open-access federal government data sets, some state and local. Multiple filter options, range of formats for download.
- Science.govGateway to U.S. federal science. Search across 60 databases and over 2,200 scientific websites. Limit search results to the Public Access category which enables searching of peer-reviewed scholarly publications (journal articles and accepted manuscripts) resulting from federally funded scientific research. There are currently 15 federal repositories supporting public access.
- NIST DataBroad spectrum of science and technology data sources.
- National Institute of Standards and TechnologyPhysical science laboratory under the Department of Commerce. Search Publications or explore by topic.
- National Science Foundation Public Access RepositoryWhere NSF-funded investigators deposit peer-reviewed, published journal articles and juried conference papers.
- Smithsonian Research OnlineBroad spectrum of science and technology data resources.
- Smithsonian Contributions SeriesAnthropology, Astrophysics, Botany, History and Technology, Paleobiology, Earth Sciences, Marine Sciences, Zoology.
- ScienceBaseCollaborative data management platform, via U.S. Geological Survey.
- Dryad Digital RepositoryA curated resource that makes the data underlying scientific publications discoverable, freely reusable, and citable. Dryad provides a general-purpose home for a wide diversity of datatypes.
- r3data.orgRegistry of research data repositories.
- DataLumosCrowd-sourced repository for valuable government data.