Patent and Trademark Resource Center at Oklahoma State University: Home
Welcome to the Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC)
The Patent and Trademark Resource Center at Oklahoma State University is a partner with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The OSU PTRC provides assistance at no charge by appointment with preliminary patent and trademark research and assists researchers in locating resources at the USTPO. See PTRC Resources.
Contact a patent/trademark attorney for a complete search, legal advice, and submission of a patent or trademark application.
Complete the IP Assessment Tool at the USPTO.
The full-text of patents by number are available via Pat2PDF.
Patent and Trademark Resource Centers are located nationwide.
* * * * * * * *
OSU faculty and students pursing potential intellectual property, contact the OSU Technology Development Center.
- Searching patents by CPC and U.S. classifications is recommended to determine if someone else has already obtained protection for the invention you plan to make.
- See General Information Concerning Patents
- See Patent Process Overview
- Search for Patents
- See the tutorial How to Conduct a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A Step by Step Strategy
- Nonprovisional (Utility) Patent Application Filing Guide
- Checklist for Filing a Nonprovisional Utility Patent Application with the USPTO
Patent Assistance Programs
PTRC at Oklahoma State University
USPTO databases are online and we are able to assist you by phone and email. For search assistance or to schedule an appointment please contact at 405 744-6546.
We are not able to perform a preliminary search for you or give legal advice.
- What you should know before filing
- Is a trademark application right for you?