Nutritional Sciences: Reference books
- Encyclopedia of Food and Agricultural Ethics byISBN: 9789400709294Publication Date: 2014-12-12The field of agricultural and food ethics emerged in the 1980 s as scholars began to recognize the need for explicitly normative scholarship on problems and issues associated with the food system. After 25 years of growth, agricultural and food ethics have blossomed in the wake of food safety scandals and renewed interest in alternative ways to organize the agrifood system.
- Preventive Nutrition byISBN: 9781603275422Publication Date: 2009-10-03Evidence-based nutritional interventions are now a critical component of preventive medicine, employed in a wide variety of medical scenarios. Preventive Nutrition: A Comprehensive Guide for Health Professionals, Fourth Edition gives health professionals up-to-date, comprehensive reviews that evaluate the dietary practices and interventions that have been shown to reduce disease risk and improve health outcomes.
- Nutrition and Health in Developing Countries byISBN: 9781934115244Publication Date: 2008-06-23This updated and expanded book was written with the underlying conviction that global health and nutrition problems can only be solved through a firm understanding of the different levels of causality and the interactions between the various determinants. This volume provides policy makers, nutritionists, students, scientists, and professionals with the most recent and up-to-date knowledge regarding major health and nutritional problems in developing countries.
- Statistics in Food Science and Nutrition byISBN: 9781461450108Publication Date: 2012-09-13The objective of this book will be to highlight the most needed and relevant statistical methods in food science and thus eliminate the need to learn about these methods from other fields. All methods and their applications will be illustrated with examples from research literature.
- Encyclopedia of Food Safety byISBN: 9780123786135Publication Date: 2013-12-12With some 280 chapters, the Encyclopedia of Food Safety provides unbiased and concise overviews which form in total a comprehensive coverage of a broad range of food safety topics, which may be grouped under the following general categories: History and basic sciences that support food safety; Foodborne diseases, including surveillance and investigation; Foodborne hazards, including microbiological and chemical agents; Substances added to food, both directly and indirectly; Food technologies, including the latest developments; Food commodities, including their potential hazards and controls; Food safety management systems, including their elements and the roles of stakeholders.