English 1213: Composition II: Infographics
Infographics: Good, Bad, or In-Between?
Can you tell if these infographics are trustworthy?
Try answering these questions:
- What sources are cited?
- Who is the creator/author?
- What is the purpose?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What (if any) financial interests are at play?
- Check out one or more of the sources cited. Does it appear to be legitimate? How can you tell?
- Is the information conveyed by the infographic controversial? What can you find out about the issue from other sources and does it confirm or contest the infographic?
- How do the images/graphics/symbols, colors, and other design choices contribute to the content and intent of the infographic?
More Examples of Infographics
Creative Commons and Copyright
Be Careful With Your Content!
Info on Copyright and CC
License Your Own Work
Content on this page was adapted from: