Poster Printing at Oklahoma State University Library: Home
OSU Library provides free large format printing for Oklahoma State University students, faculty, and staff. This service is made possible thanks to the generosity of Dr. James and Mrs. Elizabeth Wise. You may request up to TWO prints per semester. After reading the following guidelines, use the form linked at the bottom of this page to submit your file for printing.
- Your print must be related to either a) coursework, b) research (for example, a poster presentation at a conference), c) a campus organization, or d) another educational purpose.
- Our paper is 42 inches wide. This means that the dimensions of your file must not exceed 42 inches on one side (you should also leave at least a 1/2 inch margin). The other side can be a long as you need. For example, 42" by 48" is fine, and 36" by 48" is fine, but 44" by 46" is not. For information on how to size your poster, visit https://info.library.okstate.edu/poster-printing/poster-sizing.
- You MUST submit either a PDF, JPG, or PNG file. If you submit anything else, your print will NOT be completed.
- The file submitted needs to be less than 100MB in size.
- For an introduction to designing a poster, visit the Tips page.
- You are responsible for securing any needed copyright permissions for your print.
Make sure your poster is the size you want. We cannot resize files for you. For help sizing your poster, visit this page.
In order to provide this free service, we cannot reprint posters due to spelling errors or other problems. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PRINT JOB.
We suggest printing your poster at a smaller size on a normal printer for proofing. Or print the poster at full size using tiling options (save your poster as a PDF and, using Adobe Acrobat, select Print, then select Poster under Page Sizing and Handling).
How long will my poster take?
Please allow TWO (2) business days (Monday - Friday) for your poster to be printed. We will send you an email when your poster is ready to be picked up. Depending on the time of semester, we may have a longer queue than usual.
Where do I pick up my poster?
You can pick up your poster during business hours at McCasland Maps and Spatial Data, located in the northeast corner of the lower level of Edmon Low Library. Normal business hours during the semester are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. During the summer, we are open from 10:00am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.