Standards: Request a Standard
IHS Standards Workbench
Please be considerate of others and follow these guidelines to make this resource available to as many people as possible.
- Log into the IHS Engineering Workbench using your username and password.
- Locate the standard you are interested in.
- Download the standard to your workstation. That is your standard, and you may not share it with others. Each user must create a user account using his/her okey email address and a password of your choosing.
- Select "Close document" in the upper right corner of your browser, to close the standard.
- Select "Log out" in the upper right hand corner of your browser to close your session. Because there is a one seat available you must "log out" of IHS. so that others may log in and use IHS Engineering Workbench.
Instructions from the video
- Instructions to create account and locate standards in IHS Markit
- To create an account in IHS select this URL: https://login.ihserc.com/cgi-bin/ihslogin?username=OKLLOWLIB
- Select create a new account.
- For the username you must use your email@example.com account, because the vendor requires valid okstate student, staff, or faculty identification.
- Tell them that you're not a robot.
- You'll get a verification code which will come in a welcome letter email, enter that.
- Create a unique password.
- Using your username and password log-in.
- Once you've entered both of those your account will be set up and you'll be ready to proceed from there.
- You will have a choice between IHS Engineering Workbench and Support & Training, choose IHS Engineering Workbench.
- In the search bar type in alpha numeric standard number example: ISO standard 12111:2011
- Under "Show results for:" uncheck "My Subscriptions"
- In the results list you will find the standard, ISO 12111 Metallic materials - Fatigue testing - Strain-controlled thermomechanical fatigue testing method - First Edition
Standards on Demand
Search, select and obtain standards using IHS Engineering Workbench.
Available to current OSU faculty, staff and students.
Through the the Library's subscription to IHS, you may select technical standards in the full-text format. Selections are reviewed against criteria which includes cost, and within 24 to 48 hours purchased standards are made available via the IHS Standards Expert.
To see what has been purchased through IHS, search IHS, see the video:
- Searching for a standard that is part of the collection
Instructions from the video: To view standards that are part of the collection, proceed as follows.
- Follow the instructions above to access your IHS account.
- Once you've logged in, you will have a choice between IHS Engineering Workbench and Support & Training, choose IHS Engineering Workbench.
- In the search bar type the standard agency abbreviation and number you are looking for such as ASME B31.3 - 2020 Process Piping. The item is available. You can select and download the standard.
Request a Standard
To place a request for a standard that has not already been purchased, use IHS , see the video.
Searching for and requesting a standard that is not part of the collection
Instructions from the video:
- If you’ve searched IHS Engineering Workbench and find a document you need, simply click on the Shopping Cart icon.
- When you click on the Shopping Cart, you are presented with an option to purchase a single user copy in the print or online format. Instead of those options chose, “Request Subscription Access”, which is located immediately below.
- You are then prompted to enter a justification for the request before submitting the request. As soon as you submit your request, the unit administrator will receive an email.
- You should receive an email soon, regarding your interest in that standard. Decisions to purchase are based on cost and other factors. You can view the status of your subscription requests at any time using the My Subscription Requests link on the My Account tab.