The goal of this basic guide is to highlight and describe some of the resources available through the Edmon Low Library for your geography research.
If you need more in-depth information, please get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (405.744.4869).
- Library TutorialsThe best place to get familiar with everything the library has to offer.
- E-Journal SearchUse this page to find journals with full text access.
- Google ScholarWith an OSU login, the Google Scholar interface allows users to search library holdings and peer-reviewed articles.
- Academic Search PremierWhen you want more than what Google Scholar turns up, Academic Search Premier is the place to go.
- JSTORFull text access for over 1450 scholarly journals (and increasingly, E-books), including many of interest to geographers. Coverage often extends back to the start of the journal's run. For example, when you need to look find an article from a 1912 volume of the Annals of the Association of American Geographers, JSTOR has you covered. The most recent years, however, are not available.
- Dictionary of Human GeographyAn online dictionary of terms commonly used in human geography. Most entries include scholarly references, making it a great place to begin researching a topic.
Using Library Resources Off Campus
To enable full text capabilities with Google Scholar and to access most of our other databases while off campus, login to Anywhere Library Access using your @okstate.edu email address.
Once you're logged in, access the database you're interested in from the A-Z list located at https://library.okstate.edu/databases/ (including Google Scholar!).