Undergraduate Library Research Award (ULRA): Apply
Before you complete the application, please review the application process details at the bottom of the page.
- All materials must be received by March 8, 2022.
- The following information and documents should be submitted electronically via our online application form
- Contact information
- Project description/abstract
- Faculty sponsor information
- Reflective Essay: A maximum 500-word, double-spaced reflective essay that addresses the following prompts:
- Describe your research process in terms of finding and using information. How did you find source materials? How did you evaluate information? What difficulties did you encounter and how did you overcome them?
- Describe the role OSU Libraries played in your research.
- See Tips for Writing the Reflective Essay.
- Research Project: A final or near-final version of the research project should be submitted electronically when possible. Project format will depend on the project itself. If the project cannot be submitted effectively in an electronic format, it may be delivered in person or sent through campus mail to Holly Luetkenhaus, Director of Library Teaching & Learning, 306 Edmon Low Library.
- Example: A performance would be submitted as a video or audio file, whereas a history research project may be submitted as a traditional paper. The rules aren't absolute. Be creative, but make sure that your project effectively conveys your results and intent.
- Unofficial transcript to verify classification.
- A bibliography of sources used for research, formatted in a recognized and consistent style.
- Submit projects in an appropriate medium/media and file type(s).
- A Faculty Support Form should be submitted by the OSU faculty member responsible for teaching the course or mentoring the research for which the project was completed. THE FACULTY MEMBER MUST SUBMIT THIS DIRECTLY. Please contact your faculty member and send them to our Faculty Info page for more detailed information.
- Remember that all materials must be submitted using our online form, except in special circumstances noted above.
- This award may affect your financial aid. Please consult your financial aid advisor.
- Website: https://financialaid.okstate.edu/students
- Phone: (405)-744-6604
Questions? Contact Holly Reiter.