Government Information: Home
Government Documents Department
General reference services for Government Documents are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, 501 Edmon Low Library.
Access to Materials: Contact the department by phone or email to check the availability of materials. Many publications are available online and can be emailed as a PDF upon request or we can direct you to the agency website.
Oklahoma is in the South National Collection Service Area for the Federal Depository Library Program. Titles no longer received in paper at OSU will be available at other regional institutions.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 405-744-6546
Primary source materials and datasets from federal government agencies
The Government Document Department at Oklahoma State University is a regional depository library for U.S. Government publications which are primary sources and cover all subject areas. Materials are retained permanently as part of the agreement with the U.S. Publishing Office. The department also collects Oklahoma and other state publications, government publications from other countries, and international agency publications including the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.
What we do:
- Assist students and faculty locate government publications for assignments and research
- Provide instruction and develop course-specific and subject-specific online resource guides
- Receive and organize government publications for easy retrieval and reference
Documents may be searched using the tools below, or contact us for assistance.
- See Core U.S. Government Resources
- See Web Archiving, point in time captures of U.S. Federal agency websites
- See FDLP Information Guides
- See Government Information Online for resources and tools that are available from federal agencies and are relevant to current events.
Search Tools for Government Information
- USA.govOnline guide for government information and services, including state publications. Search by keyword or topic to locate information at the agency level. Includes A-Z index of U.S. Government agencies.
- HathiTrustAccess 17+ million digitized items, many of which are government documents.
- Catalog of U.S. Government PublicationsThe CGP is the finding tool for federal publications. Search by authoring agency, title, subject, and general keywords, or click on "Advanced Search" for more options.
- GovInfo.govOnline access to official publications in full-text from all three branches of the Federal Government including laws and regulations.
- Google (search with site:.gov "global warming")Search federal documents in Google in the .gov domain. Example search: site:.gov "global warming"
- MetaLibFederated search engine for U.S. government agencies. Locates titles by key resource. Can be refined by topic, date, author etc.
- Library SearchTo search the OSU Library's Government Documents collection, enter a word search and then limit content type to Government Documents in the 'Library' in the left bar.
Search for Books & Articles
- Advanced Search PageTo search the OSU Library's Government Documents Collection on the advanced search page, enter a word search and then limit content type to Government Documents in the 'Library' in the left bar.