Government Information: Health
- U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesIncludes press releases, fact sheets, speeches, congressional testimony, and a public forum; provides pointers to Internet sites of HHS agencies; has a consumer information locator; and provides information on grants and research opportunities.
- HealthFinder.govConsumer health and human services information gateway.
- Centers for Disease ControlDiseases and conditions, Healthy living, Traveler's health, Emergency preparedness
- National Center for Health StatisticsPopulation Surveys, Vital Records, Provider Surveys, Historical Surveys
Databases and Key Sources
- TOXNETResource for searching databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.
- PubMed CentralPubMed Central® (PMC) is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- PubMed/MedlinePubMed comprises more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- MedLine PlusInformation about diseases, conditions, and wellness.