Check-out, Renew, Request: Contactless Materials Pickup Service
This page describes basic circulation policies. If you have any further questions, please call the Circulation & Information Desk at 405-744-9775.
Contactless Materials Pickup Available
OSU Faculty, staff and students can place requests for contactless material pickup. Books, DVD’s, and other Library material at the Main Library are available for pickup. Please allow two business days for processing pickup requests.
While branch libraries remain closed, material from branch libraries can be retrieved for contactless pickup at the Main Library. Processing times for these requests may vary.
How to Request Contactless Material Pickup
Requesting Material for Pickup
Place requests for materials by filling out a document delivery request online. If you do not have internet access or an electronic device, please call interlibrary services at 405-744-9726 to place a request.
Contactless Pickup Instructions (starting July 7, 2020).
- Once your materials are ready, you can pick them up anytime that the library is open. Library hours can be found online.
- When you arrive at the library, please go to the OSU Library sign outside of the North Entrance to the Library.
- Call the Circulation & Information Desk at 405-744-9741. Give staff your name and CWID-.
- If you do not have a cell phone, please call 405-744-9741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to arrange pickup procedures.
- Staff will bring out items that have been checked out and bagged on a cart to bring out to the OSU Library sign.
- To maintain social distancing, staff will not hand items directly to a patron.
- To ensure the safety of staff and patrons, social distancing will be maintained at all times. In addition, staff will be wearing face coverings, and patrons are expected to also wear a face covering.
If you would like to make alternate arrangements to pick up library materials, please contact email@example.com.
To return material, please use the outdoor book drop located near the far west (left) door of the south side of the library. We ask that if you are returning more than 50 items at once, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in advance of returning the books, along with your expected drop off date, so we can make arrangements to prevent the overflowing of materials from the book drops.
Returned items will be in quarantine for 72 hours, so your account may not immediately reflect the return.