Check-out, Renew, Request: Fines and Fees
This page describes basic circulation policies. If you have any further questions, please call the Circulation & Information Desk at 405-744-9775.
Fines and Fees
Fine and Billing Policies
If you have any questions about Library fines or fees on your account, please contact the our Financial Assistant at 405-744-9733.
- Main Collection Materials: $5/day/book for recalled items
- Course Reserves and Textbooks: $0.50 per min/ $50 max for 2 hour loans; $5/day for longer loans
- Interlibrary Loan Materials: $5/day/item
Unreturned Material Fines
- Main collection: When an item becomes 60 days overdue, you are billed the replacement, plus a $20 non-refundable processing fee per item.
- Recalled, reserve and special permission: When items be- come 30 days overdue, you are billed replacement cost, plus a $20 non-refundable processing fee per item.
Note: When a lost item(s) is returned after billing, only the replacement cost is credited. The processing fee is non-refundable. All library users are charged for lost/damaged items checked out on their IDs.
Overdue fines are not charged to OSU faculty, except for overdue recalled, reserve, microform & media, special permission and interlibrary services materials.
Unreturned materials: When a “lost” book is returned after billing, you are credited only for the replacement cost of the item(s). The processing fee is non-refundable. You are responsible and will be charged for lost or damaged books charged on your ID.