Check-out, Renew, Request: Borrowing
This page describes basic circulation policies. If you have any further questions, please call the Circulation & Information Desk at 405-744-9775.
Checking Out Books
Borrowing policies listed below are for the Edmon Low Library. Loan periods may vary at branch libraries.
- Books may be borrowed by anyone presenting a valid OSU ID or Library Courtesy Card. More information about Courtesy Cards or other Guest Access programs can be found here.
- Patrons may also authorize others to check out books under their account. See the Circulation Authorization Form for more information.
Book Loan Periods
- Undergraduate Students: 120 days
- Graduate Students: 120 days
- Faculty: Term loans
- Staff: 120 days
- Courtesy Card and other Guest Access patrons: 30 days
- Undergraduate Students: 100 items
- Graduate and Honors College Students: 100 items
- Faculty: 150 items
- Staff: 100 items
- Courtesy Card and other Guest Access patrons: 10 items
Course reserves and textbooks may be checked out from Creative Studios in room 105 on the first floor of the Library. Loan periods for this material vary. More information about this collection can be found on the Course Reserves Page.
Checking out other Items
Laptops, tablets and peripherals are also available for student and faculty checkout at the south side of the Circulation & Information Desk. See our laptop information page for more information.
AV Equipment, DVD's and Microfilm
A variety of media are also available for checkout at the Edmon Low Creative Studios in room 105. More information about this collection can be found on the Creative Studios page.
Special Permission Materials
Non-circulating material such as reference books and journal issues may be able to be checked out at on a case by case basis. Please speak with a Circulation & Information Desk staff supervisor to request permission.
The Circulation & Information Desk is open anytime the Library is open.
If you have any questions about or need assistance, please contact us at 405-744-9775 or at email@example.com.
"I can't find the book on the shelf!"
Staff at the Circulation & Information Desk are always available to help patrons find a book in the Library. Please don't hesitate to stop by the desk to ask for assistance.
If you are unable to find an item on the shelf and believe it is missing, please let us know by filling out a Patron Cannot Find on Shelf form. Our search specialist will then conduct a special search to find the item. Once the search is complete, you will be contacted as to whether the item was found. If the item is found, it will be placed on hold for you. If it is not, you are eligible to request the item from another library via an interlibrary loan.