Teaching, Learning and Educational Sciences: Secondary Education
This guide highlights resources relevant for students completing programs in the School of Teaching and Curriculum Leadership at Oklahoma State University.
- Academic Search PremierThis multi-disciplinary database offers full text for nearly 2,000 scholarly journals, including more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles. Covering virtually every area of academic study, Academic Search Premier offers full text information dating as far back as 1985. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- ERIC (EBSCO interface)The Educational Resources Information Center is an index that contains education-related literature and research.
- Project MUSEFull text access for about scholarly journals published by Johns Hopkins University Press (43 titles). Coverage generally ranges from 1993 to present.
- ScienceDirectA scientific research index that contains the full text of more than 1,000 Elsevier Science journals in the life, physical, medical, technical, and social sciences, as well as indexing for journals from cooperating publishers Updated daily Coverage varies by journal. May be searched by journal title and issue in which case the complete table of contents is displayed or by keyword, regardless of the journal title and issue.
Find a Book or Article
BOSS (Big Orange Search System)
- a topic discovery tool
- search the libraries of all OSU campuses: Stillwater, Tulsa, OKC, Okmulgee, Health Sciences Center (Tulsa)
- results include books AND journals, newspapers, book reviews, book chapters, theses and dissertations, and many other publication types
- will often suggest databases for additional research
- request materials from other libraries via ILS (InterLibrary Services)
- BBC School Secondary Lesson plans for secondary students from the BBC.