Teaching, Learning and Educational Sciences: Special Education
This guide highlights resources relevant for students completing programs in the School of Teaching and Curriculum Leadership at Oklahoma State University.
- Academic Search Premier A general database that covers a variety of topics.
- ERIC (ed.gov interface) The Educational Resources Information Center is an index that contains peer reviewed and full-text education-related literature and research, and a thesaurus.
Find a Book or Article
BOSS (Big Orange Search System)
- a topic discovery tool
- search the libraries of all OSU campuses: Stillwater, Tulsa, OKC, Okmulgee, Health Sciences Center (Tulsa)
- results include books AND journals, newspapers, book reviews, book chapters, theses and dissertations, and many other publication types
- will often suggest databases for additional research
- request materials from other libraries via ILS (InterLibrary Services)
- 13 Categories of Disability under IDEA This PDF explains the 13 categories of disability as defined by IDEA.
- Oklahoma Department of Education/Special Education The Special Education Section of the Oklahoma Department of Education Website
- Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitative Services Oklahoma Department of Vocational Rehabilitation Services helps people with disabilities obtain the training they need to find employment.
- Ten Basic Steps in Special Education This website outlines ten steps in the process if it is determined that a child needs special education services.
Websites with Free Lesson Plans
These websites contain free lesson plans for students at all levels; however, they may need to be adapted if a student requires an IEP.