Serials Review Projects: 2020 Projects Archive
Individual Journal Subscriptions
Not all of the library's serials subscriptions are part of deals or packages. At present, we also subscribe to hundreds of titles individually, including both print and online periodicals.
In 2019, the library reviewed our existing individual subscriptions and made modest reductions, discontinuing 68 subscriptions while renewing 616. This year, we reviewed those subscriptions again and found that additional changes were needed. Changes will go into effect in January of 2021 with the new subscription year. We will renew our existing subscriptions to 483 periodicals. We will not renew subscriptions to 65 online and 92 print periodicals. Note that a large number of these print subscriptions are also already available online.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback as we completed this review.
- February - April: The Library reviewed our current subscriptions.
- May: Recommendations were presented to campus, asking for responses by June 15, 2020.
- June: The renewal lists were finalized based on campus feedback.
Taylor & Francis
2020 was the final year of a three-year contract with Taylor & Francis. After extensive analysis, we concluded that these journals were sufficiently valuable to our users to justify renewal. We negotiated a new five-year contract for 2021-2025.
Our agreement with Taylor & Francis includes maintained subscriptions to 272 titles - that is, journals to which the library has individual subscriptions and retains permanent ownership of subscribed years should the subscription ever be cancelled. We also have access to the 1488 titles in the Taylor & Francis Social Sciences and Humanities Library and the 534 journals in the Science & Technology Library. In addition, our negotiations this year enabled us to add new subscriptions to 19 new titles in the Taylor & Francis Medical library, which go into effect in January 2021. In most cases, online access is available from 1997-present, as applicable.
- American Journal of Sexuality Education
- Behavioral Medicine
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Children's Health Care
- Current Medical Research and Opinion
- International Journal of Sexual Health
- International Journal of Transgender Health
- Issues in Mental Health Nursing
- Journal of American College Health
- Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Journal of Nutrition in Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Journal of Psychoactive Drugs
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- Prehospital Emergency Care
- Psychology, Health & Medicine
- Substance Abuse
- Substance Use & Misuse
- The Journal of Sex Research
- Women & Health