Maps and Spatial Data: ArcGIS Pro
ArcGIS Pro Access Options
For OSU students, staff, and faculty, you can access ArcGIS Pro in two ways, virtually or through direct installation.
If your personal computer is a Mac or otherwise does not use Windows, you should use the virtual option.
If you have a Windows machine, direct installation is probably your best bet.
ArcGIS Pro in Virtual Lab
Next you will choose to either install the VMware Horizon Client or use HTML Access. If you are using your personal computer and will likely need to use the software more than once, the Horizon Client is a good idea. Otherwise HTML Access will be fine.
For Horizon Client, when asked for a Connection Server name, provide https://desktop.okstate.edu.
When prompted to login, use your OSU email address (including the @okstate.edu) for your username, and your OKEY password (same that you use for email, Canvas, etc.).
Click the green Login button. Next, select Virtual Lab and SAS.
Once the virtual desktop boots up, you can access all the different available software, including ArcGIS. The virtual machine will take a minute or two to set up. Once you see a Windows desktop, locate and double click ArcGIS Pro.
Saving your work in the Virtual Lab
Once logged in, you will be asked about sharing storage.
You can share other folders under the Options menu.
ArcGIS Pro Direct Installation
If you have a Windows based computer (or have installed BootCamp on your Mac), you can download and install ArcGIS Pro. Generally speaking this will be faster and more reliable than the virtual option, but takes a little more time investment up front. Here are the steps.
1. Download ArcGIS Pro (OSU login required). The current version is in the main folder, name starting ArcGISPro_...exe. To download a previous version, look in the folder named Previous_Versions_ArcGIS_Pro.
2. Install the software. You can accept all of the defaults. The whole process will take a while.
3. When prompted to login, click Your ArcGIS organization's URL to expand it.
5. Enter osu-geog in the url prefix field. Click Continue.
6. Click Login using your O-key.
7. Complete the usual login procedure.
You should be good to go!