Maps and Spatial Data: ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition
ArcGIS Desktop Software Request
ArcGIS Desktop Installation Instructions
Version 10.x - ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition Software Instructions
A. Before you install ArcGIS Desktop
Check the system requirements to make sure your computer has the hardware and software required for the trial.
B. Activate your authorization code
1. Visit www.esri.com/educationedition to begin the process of activating and downloading your ArcGIS Desktop Student Trial software.
2. Log in using your Existing Esri account, or sign-up for a new Esri account, if necessary.
3. Enter the authorization code and click Activate ArcGIS.
4. Click the button for the ArcGIS Desktop software version being activated.
C. Download and install ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition
1. If necessary, download the ArcGIS Uninstall Utility and uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop or Server. The software cannot be installed on a computer that has a previous version of ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server installed. It's OK if the computer has ArcGIS Explorer installed.
2. If necessary, install the Microsoft .NET Framework (version 4.5 Service Pack 1 or higher). If you are unsure if you have the .NetFramework installed, you can download a .net Version detector from the following site - http://www.asoft.be/prod_
3. Locate and download the ArcGIS Desktop software (named ArcGIS_Desktop_10XXXXXXX.exe) using this link (requires Oklahoma State University login). The numbers immediately after _10 indicate the version. 105 is 10.5, while 1051 is 10.5.1, and so on.
4. Double-click ArcGIS_Desktop_10XXXXXXX.exe (Depending on the version you selected, the file extensions may be different) to extract the installation files.
5. Locate and run Setup.exe to install ArcGIS Desktop. The “Complete” installation is recommended.
6. After the files are installed, the Authorization Wizard will open and prompt you to choose a product to authorize; select “ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (Single Use)” and click continue.
7. The Authorization Wizard will prompt you for an authorization code; enter your activated code. Follow the prompts and the software will authorize and be ready for use. Note: leave the default option for the software extensions selected; they will be authorized automatically.