Maps and Spatial Data: Self-paced Training
Students, faculty, and staff of Oklahoma State University can access a large catalog of self-paced training from Esri. This includes web courses as well as videos.
Browsing CoursesFor access to a list of courses that are freely available for the OSU community, visit this page.
A few courses great for beginners include:
- Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/57630435851d31e02a43f007/getting-started-with-arcgis-pro/)
- ArcGIS Online Basics (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/5d816c0255cf937306d2d3ef/arcgis-online-basics/)
- Introduction to ArcGIS Business Analyst (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/5952ce7fa1f3fd54a988e5a0/introduction-to-arcgis-business-analyst/)
More specific/advanced options include:
- Basics of Map Projections (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/5763042b851d31e02a43ed61/basics-of-map-projections/)
- Python for Everyone (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/57630436851d31e02a43f13c/python-for-everyone/)
- Building Models for GIS Analysis Using ArcGIS (https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/57630437851d31e02a43f219/building-models-for-gis-analysis-using-arcgis/)
To access the courses that say "Requires Maintenance", you will need to login. At the training catalog page, click Sign In, which is located in the upper right corner of the screen. Once you are at the login screen, click Enterprise login, then “Login using your O-key”. Use your OSU email and password and you will be all set.
For many of the courses, you will need access to GIS software of some kind. If you need to download or install GIS software, visit the appropriate link below.
- ArcGIS Online (https://info.library.okstate.edu/map-room/arcgis-online)
- ArcGIS Pro (https://info.library.okstate.edu/map-room/arcgis-pro)
- ArcGIS Desktop (https://info.library.okstate.edu/map-room/software/arcgis-desktop)