Experts Directory: Teaching Activity Types
Courses taught at OSU and recorded in Banner. These are entered automatically and cannot be edited. Here is a brief explanation of the course data, which is directly imported from Banner at the end of each semester:
- Course code: unique identification number for the course section with the leading numbers indicating the term (i.e. 2 or 3 indicates spring, 4 summer, and 6 or 7 indicates fall semester).
- Course term: the semester or term when the course was offered.
- Course title: the title of the course as indicated in the class schedule.
- Course description: the description of the course content as indicated in the class schedule.
- Start date: the start date for the class in the course term.
- End date: the end date for the class in the course term.
- Primary instructor: the instructor of record.
- Co-instructors: additional instructors in team-taught courses who are also listed in Banner.
- Credit hours: the number of credit hours offered for the course.
- Number of students: the total number of students enrolled in the class section.
- Institution: the institution within the Oklahoma A&M system where the course was taught.
- Campus code: the institution or campus within the A&M system where the course was taught.
- Academic Session: the part of term which indicates if a full 16-week or short course.
- Schedule Type: indicates the type of course as independent study, lab, lecture, etc.
- Instructional Method: indicates whether course delivery method was traditional, hybrid, or online.
- Course term code: the semester or term in which the course was held, beginning with the calendar year and followed by the term (20-spring; 40-summer; 60-fall), for example, courses taught in fall 2020 have the term code 202060.
- Course number: the identification number for the course as it appears in the course catalog.
- Course level: identifies the course as undergraduate, graduate, etc.
- Course subject: the subject of the course as listed in the course catalog.
- Attributes: if this course meets specific general education or program requirements they are listed here.
- Teaching Contribution Percentage: the teaching load percentile allocated to each instructor as recorded in Banner.
Development of new course / training
Newly developed or extensively revised courses, in-services, trainings, guest lectures, or workshops.
Development of new instructional materials
Newly developed or extensively revised teaching materials for an existing course or training.
Development of new programs
Academic programs developed
Non-OSU courses taught
Courses taught at other institutions other than OSU.
Other teaching / trainings
Courses, in-services, trainings, guest lectures, and workshops taught, but not recorded in Banner.
Student / Resident supervision
Thesis, dissertation and other graduate student committee activities. Advising or mentorship of students, residents, post-docs and student groups.