Experts Directory: Professional Activities
Professional Activities are entered manually. These include awards, service, memberships in professional organizations and professional development. For a full listing of types and how they should be used, please see Professional Activity Definitions. For help placing an activity, see What Goes Where?
How to Add a Professional Activity
- From your Homepage, look for + ADD NEW at the bottom left of Professional activities.
- A window of options will appear. Choose the Activity Type that you'd like to add. Click here for a full list of activity types with definitions. For help selecting an activity type, please see, What Goes Where?
- The following steps use the activity type Membership: Committee as an example
- The fields marked with a red asterisk are required. For example, a start date is always required.
- Click the question mark on the right to get more information about how to enter data in that field.
- In the Organization field, start typing the name of the institution. A list will appear. For OSU Stillwater committees, type OSU, then select Oklahoma State University, Stillwater (OSU). You do not have to fill out all the fields in this section. Don't forget to click the Add button to save.
- At the bottom of the form is an area called Additional Information. Click the plus to expand it. Here you can enter the URL of your committee, if applicable.
- Be sure to click Save when you have finished entering text. You can edit the activity later if you need to make changes.
- For help or to suggest improvements, please Contact Support.
Labels are useful for recording the scope of extension and engagement for an activity. Please consider applying these labels even if your activity is not officially associated with the OSU Extension.
How to Add Labels to Activities
Click Labels located below any publication or activity record,
Then click the pencil icon to add a label.
In the box that pops up, start typing one of the available labels below. You must click Add to save the label.
Extension & Engagement Labels
Add the Extension & Engagement Labels below to any publication, professional activity, grant, or teaching activity. Select as many as apply.
- Community Engagement
- Community Participatory
- Community Research
- Service Learning
- Study Abroad
- Study Away
- OSU System
- Local Organization
- Tribal Nations