Experts Directory: Curate Scopus author profile
Scopus is an abstract and citation database of scholarly literature.
A Scopus Author ID is automatically generated for each individual author in Scopus. Because it relies on an algorithmic analysis of author names, affiliations, and publication subjects, sometimes Scopus creates multiple profiles for an author, which then need to be merged.
The tutorials below will walk you through merging your Scopus profile and connecting it to your ORCID profile.
Author Feedback Wizard Video Tutorial
Author Feedback Wizard Step by Step
1. Login or Register
- Go to https://www.scopus.com/authorfeedback (note: you do not need to be on campus or log-in through the library database page to access the Author Feedback Wizard).
- You may be asked to log in to the OSU network. Login with your okey.
- Once at Scopus, login or register with your okstate email address.
2. Search for your Profile(s)
- Type your first and last name into the search box. You will catch more potential duplicates if you enter only the last name. However, for common names, enter at least the first initial.
- Click +Name Variant if you have published under other names or with your initials only. Click +Affiliation if you to add your affiliations if you share a name with many other people.
- NOTE: Sometimes the results are different if you swap the order of the names.
- Click the square box next to all profiles from the set of results that are yours. Click Review Documents.
- If there are variations in the spelling of your name, you may be asked for a name preference. Select your name preference and click Continue.
3. Review Documents
- The Review Documents page appears.
- All documents are selected. Click the box next to each publication to deselect publications that do not belong to you.
- Make sure you review documents on all profiles that you selected.
- Notice that some of your publications are missing? Click Search for missing publications at the bottom of the screen to find and claim them. In the box that pops up, enter your search terms (ex: article title) on the left, then on the right, select the search type (such as article title). Complete the wizard that follows.
- When you have reviewed all documents, click Review Affiliation.
4. Review Affiliation
- The Review Affiliation page will appear. Select Oklahoma State University - Stillwater from the dropdown menu.
- NOTE: Affiliation data is based on the set of documents only. if you have not yet published as an author at Oklahoma State University, you will not be able to add it as an affiliation option.
- Click Confirm and Submit.
- The request will be reviewed at Scopus and usually merged within a few days.
View Potential Author Matches
1. Login or Register
- Go to http://argo.library.okstate.edu/login?url=http://www.scopus.com/
- Login/register with your okstate email address.
2. Search for Profile(s)
- Under the blue title bar, click Authors to activate the Author search.
- To find records that need to be merged, enter the following into the search:
- Your last name only or both last and first name or initial (you will catch more potential duplicates if you enter only the last name, however, for common names, enter at least the first initial).
- Type Stillwater in affiliation to limit your search to OSU Stillwater. If you have primarily published while affiliated with another institution, you may want to enter that institution or leave this field blank.
- Click the blue Search button (on the right).
- The author results will show a list of names in a table. Click View last title under each name to see the latest publication by each author. Click the name that is most likely yours.
- You will be taken to the Author details page.
- To the right of your name, click View potential author matches.
3. Potential Author Matches
- In the author results box that pops up, click the checkbox to the left of each name that needs to be merged. Checked boxes will turn orange.
- Then in the gray bar at the top of the table, click Request to merge authors.
- Click Proceed to make changes.
- If there are variations in the spelling of the name, you may be asked for a name preference. Select your name preference.
- Click Continue.
- When asked if this is your own profile, select Yes or No accordingly.
- Click Continue.
4. Review Documents
- The Author Feedback Wizard will display the Review Documents page for each name variation. For each name, click the box next to each publication to deselect publications that do not belong to you. Notice that some of your publications are missing? Click Search for missing publications to find and claim them. When complete, click Review Affiliation.
5. Review Affiliation
Connect your ORCID to Scopus
- Navigate to the Author Details page.
- On the right under Profile actions, click Connect to ORCID.
- A new tab or window will pop up asking you to sign in to ORCID.
- Click Institutional Account.
- Type Oklahoma State into the search box and click Continue.
- You will be taken to the Oklahoma State Central Authentication Service where you will sign in with your OKey and Password.
- Then you will choose one of the following:
- Link my existing ORCID iD | Register for an ORCID iD | Return to ORCID sign in
- Complete the sign in or registration process
- Then you will be asked if you agree to authorize Elsevier (owner of Scopus) to access your ORCID record. Click Authorize to continue.
- Next you will be taken through a process similar to editing your author profile in Scopus:
- Select profile. Check the box(es) next to any variation(s) of your name, if they are showing one of your publications. Click Start.
- Select profile name. Select your preferred name from the dropdown menu. Click Next.
- Review publications.Your publications will appear in the next window. Green checkboxes appear next to publications have been associated with your profile. If a publication is not yours, click the x next to the title. Then click Next.
- Review profile to ensure all publications are indeed yours.Click Next.
- Send Author ID. Enter your institutional email address. Click Send Author ID.
- Send publications. If you wish to send your list of publications from Scopus to ORCID, click Send my publication list.